Become a Learning Assistant!
How do I know if a Peer Assisted Learning Support position is open?
To see if a Learning Assistant position is open in the subject you are interested in, inquire at the Bright Success Center and contact the Coordinator of PALS. Check online at PAWS for recruitment details. Have all of your documents ready for upload, so you won’t miss out.
Learning Assistant Requirements
These criteria must be met before applying for a Learning Assistant position:
- Undergraduate in good academic standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- High academic achievement in subject of interest
- Open availability for training
- Good communicative and people skills
- Responsible, punctual, and professional
What do I need to do to apply?
Please gather and be ready to submit your application, resume, cover letter, an unofficial transcript of your grades online, and your work availability to PAWS when positions are open. Ask the instructor of record to write you a letter of recommendation for the subject(s) you wish to tutor. Have the instructor of record email the letter of recommendation (as an attachment) to the Coordinator of PALS. The letter should contain the following information: It must address your participation in class, attendance, student responsibility, communication skills, peer interaction, grade in the course(s), and why the professor thinks you would be a very good to great tutor.
- Application through Cat PAWS
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letter(s) of recommendation for course
- Availability information
- About Us
- Undeclared Advising
- Learning Tools
- Academic Competitions
- Fiat Lux Scholars Program
- DARTS Program
- Guardian Scholars Program
- Success Mentor Program
- The STEP Scholars Program
- Peer Assisted Learning Support
- Undergraduate Studies 10
- Workshop Calendar
- Contact Us