Skip to Content

Declaring and Changing Majors

Declaring Your Major

Congratulations on making this important decision!

If you currently have “undeclared” status, and you have chosen a major, please visit the Student Advising and Learning Center, so that your file may be forwarded to your new Advisor in your major area. It’s important to act upon your decision as soon as you declare your major, so that your Advisor can help to place you on track within your program. 


Changing Your Major

Forms are only processed the first three weeks of every semester and during summer session.

If you wish to change your major please fill out the Major/Minor Change Form and bring it to your current advisor.

You must be in Good Academic Standing (2.0 GPA or above) to declare your major.

If you wish to declare Engineering you must have completed MATH 21 with a C- or higher.


Except under unusual circumstances, you cannot change your major after you have attained senior standing (90 units). It is not possible to change or declare a major in the semester in which you have filed to graduate.


Double Majors


If you wish to declare a double major you must petition the school(s) responsible for the major(s). You must be in good academic standing and have a GPA of at least 2.0 in the upper division courses taken toward each major program. Except under unusual circumstances, no declaration of a double major will be permitted after you have attained senior standing (90 units). You must satisfy all requirements for both majors.